Friday, January 11, 2013

Letter to me

Our assignment for the week was to write a letter to ourselves from our future self from January 2014...just a year older. I posted my goals on the first day of this blog and after revisiting them they will stay the same. So here goes :-)

Dear Christine-
    
     It is now January 1, 2014. Last year you listed goals that you wanted to meet by this time so I am writing a letter of encouragement to keep you going!
     I look and feel fabulous! You should have seen the pride on Doug's face when you completed the 1/2 marathon last May. The hard work you put in the gym and at home really paid off. It was hard and there were times I really wanted to quit but you did it! Not only did you reach your goal but you set an example for Ryleigh and the baby. They know how important it is to be healthy. The next challenge is to run one with Ry!
     In the looking fabulous category, you are stylin' with all of the new work clothes! I threw all of the old, bigger things out and we went shopping! Cara, Stephanie and Jaclyn went with us and we just had a good old fashioned shopping spree!
    More important than any of the looking better is that you have now begun a habit of exercise. This is what will allow you to live a long and healthy life. It will impact every area of your life. Instead of sitting on the couch and watching TV you are moving...still watching TV but moving while you are doing it!

Keep going, don't give up. This goal is attainable and I am here to prove it.
http://shrinkingjeans.net/

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through Shrinking Jeans. Good luck on your up coming marathon.

    ReplyDelete